Open arms and serving hands, transforming lives through Christ
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
There are many opportunities to serve our Lord. We are anxious to see where God is leading our congregation.
If you are looking for a church home, let St. John’s show you why we love our church!
If you or someone you know has experienced separation or divorce, either recently or a long time ago, we want to invite them to this support group.
Tuesdays, from 6pm to 7:30pm in the Church Library:
A complete schedule by topic, more details, and sign-ups are at:
Fall Session: Sept. 17 to Dec. 17, 2019 (no class Novmeber 5) www.divorcecare.org/groups/107677
Spring Session: Jan 28 to April 21, 2020 www.divorcecare.org/groups/107678
- Each rotation lasts 13 weeks but you can join or miss anytime and make up sessions during the next rotation if desired.
- There is a one-time $35 registration fee but scholarships are available. Payment is done in class, please sign up online so we can communicate with you. (Checks payable to: St. John’s UMC)
- No Childcare offered.
- Our facilitators, Sarah Floyd and Donna Hartfeil can be contacted at: DivorceCareIvylandPA@gmail.com or 215-357-6998.
St. John's United Methodist Church
820 Almshouse Road
Ivyland, PA 18974
We now meet in the church library classroom which is the first room on the left when you enter from the main parking lot which is on the left side of the church. Knock on the double doors on the side of the church. There are a few stairs up. If you cannot do stairs the leader will greet you and bring you to the handicap entrance.
Sarah Floyd or Donna Hartfeil
Facilitators of Divorce Care Program
GriefShare is a thirteen week, faith-based program for anyone dealing with the loss of a loved one. A combination of socialization/support, video, workbook, and discussion, each two hour session is designed to help those who are mourning to process their grief with others who share the burden of loss. There can be companionship on the journey through the wilderness of grief; no one has to grieve alone.
Sessions will begin again on September 9, 2019
Mondays from 6:30-8:30 in Grace Café
(See schedule below)
- September 9-December 2, 2019: 13 Week Session
- Saturday, November 23, 10 a.m. until noon in the Library - Surviving the Holidays seminar
- January 6-April 6, 2020 (no class Presidents’ Day): 13 Week Session
- May 1-August 3, 2020 (no class Memorial Day): 13 Week Session
You may register online at griefshare.org. There is a $15 fee for the workbook payable at the first meeting of each 13 week session. For further information, contact Pastor Janice, Ruth Portzline, or Chaplain Erin Maurer or go to griefshare.org.
More than 200 cars came to experience the Christmas story. We are already looking forward to next year.
SAVE THE DATE!
BLESSING OF THE ANIMALS - October 13, 2019
September 23, 2018
What a wonderful day it was giving thanks for all God's creation, and celebrating His gift of creatures, great and small!
WORSHIP AT NESHAMINY MANOR
St. John's was privileged to worship with residents of Neshaminy Manor. As part of worship, our choir sang two anthems and led in some old familiar hymns. We were also blessed to serve Holy Communion to the residents. What a wonderful time of praise and worship!
Worship @ Neshaminy Manor (Click for more pictures)